The village Trsic is the special memorial complex in Loznica’s municipality. The complex represents a village of “Dinars type” of the 19th century and has a special touristic and cultural value.
The village Trsic is located in Jadar, 7 kilometres far from Loznica, on the way to Valjevo. The village is under the hillside of Gucevo mountain, and the small river Zeravija that runs through the whole complex. In the world literature, Trsic is known as the native village of Vuk Stefanovic Karadzic, a writer and reformer of Serbian language.
The whole complex represents a special outdoor museum and it spreads over 5,3 ha. 35 facilities are brought into the complex from nearby villages of Jadar and Radjevina. All facilities (houses, wooden huts, old storage house, dairies, pavilions, barns, mills, church…- actually all facilities that were included in an old Serbian household, are been protected. Today, these facilitiesconsist of: Dositej’s museum, the Museum’s exibit of Vuk’s fairs, Memorial house of the village’s teacher, the Gallery, the Guest’s house, the wooden church of St Archangel Michael, wooden huts where old handicrafts are displayed. Vuk’s property, as a special separate unity inside the complex, consists of Vuk’s memorial house built in 1933, the two wooden huts, the pavilion and the barn. The souvenir shop is at the entrance of the property.
The complex is under state’s protection, and is ruled by The Center of culture “Vuk Kardzic” in Loznica.